Wednesday, July 13, 2005

7:55:57 PM PDT
Mondays...
Well, really not much to write about today. No knitting done at all!
I carried the baby sock I am working on for Kristine's baby to work today with the hope of wroking on it during my lunch break. But we were too busy. Her due date is rapidly approaching and I am not finished yet. This is the 2nd sock, I gave her the first at the baby shower weeks ago, promising that the second would be coming soon...
Well, most everyone who will read this already knows the struggles that I have had with "Second Sock Syndrome". It is a terrible thing.
You see, it isn't that I don't like knitting the socks, or that I hate making the second sock - I love it! I have thought alot about this and I think that it is a form of ADD. I just get so distracted by all of the other projects that I am (or want to be) working on and seem to end up working on this or that instead...and the poor socks become neglected and join the growing collection of lonely single socks.
...Then the generous friends who like to think that they are being helpful and caring by giving you a birthday present of sock yarn don't seem to get it that they are making the situation worse! ha. On Saturday, my friend Joy gave me 2 balls of very pretty cotton blend sock yarn - white/pink/peach. Very lovely, and will match quite a few of my clothes....so should I start right away or add it to the collection of yarns for at least 2 other pairs of socks not yet started and the 3 pairs that are half finished or should I start it up right away? ( I guess that I can't start right away, I have to wait until tomorrow so I can get the size 2 needles from Sherri --- So, Sherri, if you really want to save me, you can refuse to sell me those needles.......)

Someday, I might actually get a digital camera and / or a scanner so that I can share pictures, but for now you will have to either use your imagination or see them in person.

On to other topics besides knitting. At work today, Mike gave me copies of the pictures that we took during the Lake Quinault Bike Ride on June 26th. What a great reminder of that fun day. I am still glad that Rebeccah didn't let me get out of it! I hope to be in good enough shape next year so that I can make it all the way around the lake, but 27 of 30 miles isn't so bad. So, instead of spending all night in front of the computer I should be out riding...but since it was a long day at work, I think that I will take a long hot bubble bath instead.
Goodnight! (with prayers for a slower day at work tomorrow!)
Lauri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home