Thursday, July 14, 2005

Trying again

I was just about finished writing a nice long message last evening, which discussed the great time that was had by all at the Open Knitting Night on Tuesday. But, before I could hit save and post the message, I lost my connection to the internet and my computer lost everything I had typed.

So, I will attempt to write about it again...

There was a great group of women at the Yarn Corner on Tuesday evening!
  • Sherri: who was working on her black/blue/green French Market Bag.
  • Bunni: was knitting a swatch for the "Stitch of the Month" class.
  • Leslie: Getting close to finishing John's brown socks. "They are men's socks, you can't call them 'pretty'."
  • Mary: working on a pair of striped socks.
  • Geri: making some knitted dishcloths
  • Pallas: finishing a hat and discussing spinning.
  • Amber: Working on a pair of Conwy socks - she will finish hers weeks ( or at least days) before I am finished! And she is making them from such beautiful yarn!
  • Peggy: working on THREE sweaters!
  • and me: I finally finished the baby sock for Kristine!!!!!! Also, continuing to work on the Conwy socks, I'll finish someday.

-----

I am really trying to get a handle on my case of second sock syndrome. Even tho the cotton sock yarn that Joy gave me is calling my name, inviting me to start, I am doing my best to try to not listen. I will finish the conwy socks first. I will I tell you! ...Actually, if all goes well, I should finish them this weekend (maybe).

Things are starting to settle down at work. It has been so busy, I've been meeting my self coming and going! But, tomorrow is Friday, and I am happy for that! I will actually be able to go to the Saturday morning Library knitting group for the first time.

On Sunday, I plan to get together with my brother Brad and his wife Jess. We are tentatively planning a picnic. I am praying for nice weather. I might see if they want to go for a hike, maybe near Lake Cushman, not too far a drive for either of us.

Well, I better get this posted so I can go for a walk this lovely evening before it gets dark. It is beautiful outside tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home