Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More distraction tactics...

Here are more pictures to distract you from the lack of knitting progress!


The roses are from my front garden!



This is the first ear of corn from my garden! There are 5 more coming soon! What a feast!! (for perspective, look at the size of the cob compared to the size of the plastic holders on each side!) Despite its small size, this was the very best corn on the cob I have EVER tasted!

--------


Here (above and below) is why I haven't gotten a lot of knitting done lately. We are making some changes in the church I attend, and needed to move the kid's Sunday School rooms to the basement - which hasn't been used for decades!! I am helping, with 3 other friends, to do the pre-kindergarten (green), and the 1st thru 3rd grade rooms (yellow).

It has been a lot of fun, and a learning experience too! I love how the rooms have turned out. We are almost done - one more coat of paint on the floor of the yellow room. and the trim around the chalk boards in both rooms.

I'm almost inspired to get back to work on my own home!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At Thu Aug 31, 01:11:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pics you shared, they're certainly a nice distraction from actual knitting content :) The flowers are so gorgeous, and my, does that corn ever look yummy! Great job on the room too, the yellow color is beautiful!

 
At Thu Aug 31, 10:18:00 AM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

i wonder why you didn't invite me over to share in your feast! haha. The flowers are beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home