Wednesday, August 09, 2006

heel? not today!

Well, I am now ready to turn the heel on the sock!

I decided that after the kind of day I had, trying to turn the heel of a fair isle sock was just inviting a disaster, so I decided that the heel could wait for another day or two.

I really wish that the colors would come through a little better in the pictures. It really is so pretty! From the top to the heel the colors are lt blue / white & pink fair isle / pink / white & lt pink fair isle / darker pink / white & pink / lavender / lt pink / white & dark pink / then back to the blue again.

It really is amazing how it is turning out. I am very surprised, but happy because it is almost exactly as I was imagining it would look!

It will be a snug fit getting it on and off, but once it is on it fits me very well! It isn't too tight at all.

So, the plan is to add a lifeline tomorrow, then try and turn the heel. I have done a bit of fair isle purling on swatches, but this is different! It actually matters how it turns out! Yikes! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Sat Aug 12, 01:47:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was certainly a good decision to wait a while longer with turning the heel! But I'm totally impressed on how your sock is coming along, the pattern does look pretty complicated indeed and it's just great to see how you're handling it! Looking forward to seeing pics once the socks are finished! Happy Knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home