Sunday, July 30, 2006

Inspired

I am awestruck by Eunny's newest sweater! It is a very good thing that I have several months before the winter Interweave Knits comes out so that I can become proficient at fair isle knitting.

Nothing really new to speak of here. I spent most of the day Saturday just being a slug on the couch! I did go outside a few times and work in the yard pulling weeds, etc. I frogged the pinwheel sweater back 6 rounds so I can re-do the sleeve openings. Knit about 8 rounds on the baudelaire sock

I also needed some gratification on the spinning progress (or lack of...) so I decided to ply together what I'd done so far to see how bad it looked. Honestly, the more I spin, the worse I get at it! I started with some of the hardest to knit - very short messy dirty mountain goat fiber picked off the ground and trees. I loved spinning it, and made a fairly even and decent looking yarn. My attempts at wool so far have been pretty poor. I'm not even going to share a picture. I knit up a swatch to see how it looks - didn't really improve the looks of it at all!

The sun is shining, I'm going to go and weed the garden!

1 Comments:

At Sun Jul 30, 08:47:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

we had a teeny lesson on spinning today. getting the bug now! Also have some really cute fair-isle sock kits from the show! :)
Had a ton of fun and excited to share with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home