Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hot!

It is almost too hot to knit!

Now, I realize that "hot" has a different meaning here in the mild Pacific Northwest! When I first moved here 4 years ago, I used to laugh at the people here who moaned about the 'heat' once it was above 80 degrees.

But I've become one of them!

And it really was HOT yesterday, and will be again today. Mid-90's! With all the windows open, it cooled off in my house to 69 degrees overnight. I have to fans on now to try and bring in the cooler air.

I couldn't work on the pinwheel sweater because it is too large and warm. So, I started a sock! I started trying the Socks that Rock yarn again. This time with the Baudelaire pattern from Knitty. I know that a lace pattern is not always the best for a multicolor sock, but, I'm trying it anyway!

I'm through one pattern repeat. I like the toe up design, using the figure-8 cast on. It was interesting getting started, and if I do it again (besides on the 2nd sock...) I will cast on more stitches because the toe is pretty pointy for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home