Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Almost finished!!




No pictures - no time to take any!! It is getting down the the last minutes (ok - days...but I still feel like it is down to the wire) Technically I still have 3 days and some hours to finish the sweater for the World Cup.

I just now finished weaving in all the ends. Now to block the pieces tonight. Then sew it all together tomorrow!

My hands will thank me for taking a nice long break from knitting for awhile. I have been feverishly knitting, and for someone who tends to knit pretty tight, and then throw the cables on top of that -- it has been pretty tough on the hands!

I just was rereading the instructions for the sweater for when I sew it together and discovered how the neckline is formed. I LOVE IT! no details tonight, but there will be pictures soon.

I hope to have finished pictures by tomorrow, Friday at the latest!

---------
Addendum:
So, after blocking the pieces and then a nice long soak in the bathtub for me...I decided that I HAD to take pictures and post them tonight. So here it is!

Here is the front (or back):

The sleeves:

And here is a closeup of the pattern on the front:

1 Comments:

At Wed Jul 05, 10:00:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

Congrats! I bet knitting socks will feel like nothing now....maybe you can dig out some of the poor forgotten single socks that haven't seen the light of day in awhile!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home