Tuesday, June 27, 2006

PROGRESS!

Here is the progress that I've made so far on the Ripples in Time Baby sweater:


I know, I know...the couch really isn't the best place to show off the sweater parts, but really it was the only place that I could pin the pieces down to take a picture!


Here is a close-up of the sleeves. I finished the second one earlier this evening. Now just to start and finish the back, neck and sew it all up. Think that I'll make it in time? I really want that world cup prize!! I think that is motivation enough for me to work hard!

So, since I started out with no specific recipient for the sweater, and my size 2 needles were in use, I decided to go ahead and use size 3's. I am very, very close to having the correct gauge. But this sweater is looking a bit large right now. I am following the directions for the smallest size! I guess in the end - it will fit a baby at some point in their growth, and larger is really better I think. I guess I'll see how it is once it is blocked and sewn together. One change I did make is the sleeves are 1/4 inch shorter that called for (I remember a recent entry on the Yarn Harlot's blog about baby sweater sleeves always being too long...that and it seemed like a good point at the end of the pattern repeat to start the decreases!)

---

My neck is feeling better each day, but still some muscle spasms. I ran out of the pain pills - tonight I took the last one. Not sure if I want to call the doc and see if he will renew the Rx or not. I really don't take them often, just in the evening before bed since by that time of day I usually have a headache. I might just try to tough it out for a few days and see how it goes. I have another PT appointment tomorrow afternoon, hope that it continues to get better each time. I have been good and did all my stretches and exercises today (a few times!)

Today I almost ended up giving myself another reason to need PT! I might have mentioned it here before, but in case you didn't know - I am a huge klutz! I can manage to injure myself in almost any situation, I have a special gift for that! Today, I was cleaning up the rehab gym during some slow time and nearly fell down the stairs (the set that patients practice on before they go home). I talk to patients all the time about safety, etc...so what did I do? I was carrying a couple walkers and had the stairs piled high with supplies, turned and hit my knee and nearly went down! Just bruised tonight......I'm glad that I didn't get hurt again, since I am just almost over the thing with my neck! I could imagine explaining that to my coworkers and patients..."Gee, Lauri, How'd you break your leg?"



I rode the exercise bike for 30 minutes tonight! I really wasn't even tired when I quit! My bottom just hurt from sitting in one place for so long. I might try to modify the seat a bit, or add a towel or something. It seems a lot less boring to ride the bike, when I can sit in front of the TV and be distracted by it, makes the time go faster! So far, I've gone 12 miles (2 yesterday, and 10 tonight)

------

Here is a picture of the yellow Flower Petal Washcloth (from Weekend Knitting) that I finished last month. I don't remember if I ever posted a picture of it or not - thinking not, since the picture hadn't been downloaded off my camera phone yet...


I guess that's all for tonight, must cast on for the last part of the sweater!

2 Comments:

At Tue Jun 27, 09:43:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

I thought the sweater showed up well on the couch. Looking good!

 
At Wed Jun 28, 07:49:00 PM PDT, Blogger Dip Lady Knits said...

I love your little sweater! I can't wait to see it all come together. And I think I'm going to make one of these cute washcloths too! Take care of yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home