Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hmmm

I thought that I had a plan for today!

knit, church, building work party for a little while, come home, laundry, knit.

That doesn't sound so unreasonable does it? Now, looking at the list, I did accomplish most of that, at least partly, except for the last 2.

No knitting done at all this afternoon. Because I was dealing with the joys of homeownership:

When I use the washing machine, the floor drain (which connects with the pipe that the washer water goes into) backs up water onto the floor. Yuck. Usually it is just a little bit of water, and it goes away in a few minutes. Well, not today! No! water backed up everywhere!
So, 2 trips to ACE, one bottle of liquid plumber, and a poor attempt at using an auger. All to no avail. I think that I might have to call in the professionals. grrr

At least it gave me a good excuse to go out and buy some new clothes (so I could wear something to work tomorrow!)

---

I finished the sleeve for the sweater, and have knit 2.5 inches on the second sleeve. I had hoped to finish it today - I figured out that it should take me 4 hours to knit the sleeve (used the Yarn Monkey's countdown timer for the KAL to time knitting a pattern repeat -- too much time on my hands?...) Maybe I will come close tonight.
I don't have a picture of the sweater parts yet. Haven't had time since I've been working on the plumbing. Hope to take some tomorrow.

--

So, I broke down and started using my birthday present (to myself) and gave Sherri hers yesterday. I couldn't wait! Here is a picture (kinda blurry)

They are stitch markers and a shell case to keep them in! Too cute! I started using mine last night. They are for up to size 10.5 - awfully large for a size 3 needle, but pretty!





1 Comments:

At Sun Jun 25, 07:47:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

and I do thank you for the wonderful gift! Can't wait to use them. sorry for the home ownership woes....it never really seems to end but it's still fun. Totally lazy day for me today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home