Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I give up (blogger problems tonight...)

(Tonight's entry was going to be just a quick update...and it was done, until I accidentally deleted one picture that was essential to the whole post...then the problems began. Blogger then refused to upload any more of my pictures - either from the internet, or from my own computer...)


Hi! I am still here. I sometimes wonder how people who really have lots of things to do ever get them done...because even with my 'few things' I can hardly even find the time.

But I guess I always have knitting time...

Tonight was Open Knit Night at The Yarn Corner. Had fun of course!I was starting to wonder if there was a new rule about knitting with the same color yarn as the clothes you were wearing:

---

I've made good progress on the Ripples in Time Sweater:

(JUST USE YOUR IMAGINATION THAT THERE IS A LOVELY PICTURE OF A NEARLY FINISHED FRONT OF A CABLE KNIT SWEATER HERE)

Here is a closeup: (it really is a terrible picture! things are more even, except I am having a problem with a loose stitch each time I switch from a knit stitch to a purl.)

(USE YOUR IMAGINATION AGAIN TO SEE THIS SAME SWEATER IN A CLOSE UP)

Here is a picture of that sweater that I bought at the garage sale on Saturday. It felted down very nicely, and will make a great bag. (Just like the other 2 I haven't yet finished!) I really should get to work on them soon. I just promised the blue one to a friend. You really can't see the colors very well in this picture - there are black, grey, red, dark green, and some blues and purples too!

(NEVER MIND...I'LL SHOW YOU THIS ONE LATER TOO)

And here are some huge magnificent peonies from my garden! They are amazing. And the fragrance is great - unless you are allergic. There are at least a dozen more blooms like these on the one plant that still haven't really opened up yet.

(THEY REALLY ARE BEAUTIFUL AND FRAGRANT! TRUST ME.)

I would really like to get more peonies. I just love them! They say to me "IT IS SUMMER!!!" and they just make you want to smile. My neighbor across the street, who recently moved in also, has some pretty white peonies, that are in the middle of a very overgrown garden area that is not being taken care of...I'm trying to figure out how to ask her if I could get some of them from her! (I've only spoken to her two times, so it might be somewhat rude to just go ask! But she hasn't mowed the lawn in weeks, and the grass is at least 7 inches high!...)

I guess that is all for tonight. Don't be surprised if there are more background changes soon. I am having fun playing with the template. Citrusmoon is so much fun! I am having a blast trying to decide what to do!

1 Comments:

At Tue Jun 13, 10:36:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

Wow...what great pictures. haha. I especially like the sweater pictures. What a cute shop these great ladies are knitting in. haha. It was fun tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home