Friday, June 02, 2006

Empathy

I now have a new sort of empathy for my patients who are in pain! Until yesterday, I really thought that I knew what pain was, and I tended to sometimes not have enough sympathy / empathy for my patients who were in 'excruciating' pain, .

I was stretching just before I got out of my car yesterday morning before work. Stretching like I do almost every day. When all of a sudden, pop, and searing pain in my neck and upper right back. I couldn't even move for a few minutes it was so bad. I spent part of the morning at the clinic (one of the benefits of being a PT) with ice and traction. Saw the doc in the afternoon, then back to the clinic to have my boss work on me. By last night the pain wasn't so bad, expecially with the GOOD meds that the doc gave me!

I made it through work today, with the wonderful help of Liz and Carli (2 great rehab aides.) I was very happy that the caseload was low and I was able to leave an hour early. Going back to the clinic in about an hour for ice and manual therapy.

------

Despite the pain I was able to find a comfortable position on the couch and was able to knit! I am working on the flower petal washcloth from Weekend Knitting. I made 2 last year, and really want to make several more. (Like I really need to start any more projects!) At first I was worried about how they would stand up to the wear and tear. I used the suggested yarn, in light green, then red. The green started fading almost immediately, but then stopped and has held up well.
(the color is pretty poor in this picture, the yarn is a medium yellow)

------

I think that I have found a sweater pattern for the Blue Heron Yarn! I discovered the Green Gable Knit Along. I really like the sweater and I noticed that someone else was considering using the same yarn - I will probably wait and see if it works for her...
------

That's all for now, time for me to go get some PT!

1 Comments:

At Fri Jun 02, 11:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. I hope you can hobble in soon. Well, I guess you weren't hobbling...haha. Love the flower petals!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home