Saturday, May 20, 2006

Vacation

I love vacations!!
(Jill is on the left, I'm on the right)

Jill and I have been having so much fun! Forgot to even take any pictures at all of the first 2 days! Sorry.

We went to Astoria and Cannon Beach on Thursday. It was a beautiful day, nice and warm, sunny. On the way home we had burgers at Clark's -- yummy!

On Friday we went to Seattle. Pike Place market, Westlake mall, WeavingWorks...where I bought some lovely roving. Started spinning almost right away when we got home.


While riding to and from Seattle (Jill drove), I had the rare luxury of knitting in the car. Made great progress on the black trekking sock. I didn't want to do a plain sock, but I also knew that and complicated design would take away from the yarn, so I came up with this.




Today was originally for being lazy, but somehow that can never happen around me! We started out for a drive and ended up at the Cedar Falls Nursery. And bought plants for a garden. I didn't count on how hard it would be to break up the sod so that we could plant the garden...but here is the finished product tonight: corn, cucumbers, shallots, acorn and butternut squash and tomatoes!




We even managed to spend a few hours at The Yarn Corner with Sherri and Bunni. Made progress on a new 'warshrag', corrupted Jill into buying yarn and needles.




Now, Jill and I, ever the socialites...are sitting at home on a Saturday evening, blogging and knitting. We lead an exciting life, even on vacation!!

1 Comments:

At Sat May 20, 10:18:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

loving seeing the fun pic. great photography....haha

Was fun seeing you guys today. Glad Jill got corrupted! Now just get her blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home