Monday, May 15, 2006

count down...

Only a day and a half until my vacation! The way I am getting so excited about this, you might think that I had huge grand plans for a fabulous trip or something. I'm just so excited for a few reasons: I haven't had a vacation for ages and ages - the time off last summer to help mom while she was in the hospital was NOT a vacation. I haven't seen Jill since Easter of 2004! And I am ready for a bit of time off.

...
Side note:
As I type this someone in the neighborhood is obviously learning how to drive a manual transmission car. I keep hearing the grinding, etc. Ouch, poor car!
...

It is HOT today. Right now it is 83 degrees in my bedroom. I have the window wide open, but there isn't any breeze at all. I kinda enjoy the heat, sorta. Being from the midwest, I still have a tendency to laugh when people here in WA bemoan the heat when its only 85 or 90 degrees! (Cue the old gramma voice) "back where I came from we didn't say it was hot until it was at least 100 degrees!"

Well, whether or not it is really 'hot' I am sweating as I sit here and type.


So, about the flower. This is pretty funny. I cut off one of the stems of the flower clusters and a leaf, and tried to go to the nurseries and plant stores. Well, all were closed by the time I got there, so I ended up at home depot...never a really good option...Well they were 'very, very' helpful. The 'helpful' lady pointed out how it looked like an azalea or a rhodie, so that must be what it was!

Thank you very much...Maybe I should work there too!

1 Comments:

At Mon May 15, 09:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

lol

maybe you should visit our friend John, he can probably tell you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home