Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sunburned


Today was the most beautiful day! Not a cloud in the sky. Perfect warm-but-not-hot temperature. I had the day off, and had no obligations - just church in the morning, then nothing to do except enjoy the day.

Jill is coming in 3 days! So I guess that I did have to clean the house a bit - get rid of the numerous things growing in the refrigerator…I can’t really say that they were a science experiment! Did a few loads of laundry. Vacuumed the room that Jill will stay in (she's allergic to poor Terry the cat!)

In the midst of doing all this I sat out on the front steps for at least 45 minutes on 2 separate times - knitting in the wonderful sunshine; and worked on the weeds for about 30 minutes too. So Lauri is pink this evening.


Not quite as pink as the adorable ‘warshrag’ that I finished while sunning myself, thank goodness, but I think that you might be able to see in the picture just how pink the tops of my feet are and my shins too.


---


I also spent time last night searching, and today working a bit on a new format for the blog! No more details yet, except that it will be fantastic. As long as I can figure out how to change the template and get the new one working…not quite sure how to do that yet.

One last question. Can anyone tell me what kind of flower this is? It looks like a rhodie or azalea, but the shrub doesn't really look like it, the flower buds were completly different. And the flower has the MOST AMAZING fragrance!

1 Comments:

At Sun May 14, 11:23:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

Lauri! Oh my goodness! You do match that adorable dishcloth! We drove by today but you weren't out then or I would have asked to stop. The flower is beautiful but I don't know what it is. Thanks so much for the nice comment on Ty's flower!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home