Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sunday afternoon thoughts

After sleeping half the day away....(literally) I have managed to be somewhat productive.

I didn't set my alarm this morning. I always wake up fairly early, and if I don't my cat is the backup alarm, making sure that I'm not late. Except for today. I slowly woke up, rolled over, snoozed for awhile, then looked at the clock -- 11:25!!!! I missed church.

I started the sweater last night. I did a swatch a few weeks ago, and it looked good, except when I counted, recounted and had someone else do it too, we kept comming up with an absurd # of stitches to cast on. So many that you KNEW that it had to be wrong. So last night I started and just did the # that they called for in a medium. I knit 7 rows, then stopped for the night because trying to drop the correct stitch is too scary to do just before bedtime.
...so I waited until this afternoon...
Everything was going well until the last 10 stitches...then tragedy struck.
I dropped the wrong stitch and didn't realize until the last stitch. "No Problem!" I thought. "I know how to go back and pick up a stitch.

I didn't take into account the slippery rayon yarn and addi's, this is what I was left with: (hint - look at the upper left)


that and a temper tantrum! So I am putting that project away for awhile.
-----------


I made a bit of progress on the spinning yesterday. I really like this roving, the colors are beautiful. (the pictures just do not do it justice.)

I am finished with the warshrags for now. I plan to make more eventually, but I need to work on a few other projects again. Here is the collection:
Well, after a week of rain and abuse from the birds, here is my garden. If you look closely, you may notice that there are several cucumber plants that have gone missing....those darn birds! I never knew that they would eat the plants!

Other than the missing cukes, the rest of the garden is looking pretty good. (yes I know that the corn is too close together! There are at least 3 of those plants that were half dead a week ago, so when they go things will be about right...)

I guess I should go and frog the sweater, but not quite ready to start over yet...

1 Comments:

At Mon May 29, 08:00:00 AM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

Lauri! I'm so sorry about the sweater! Bummer. I'm glad it happened early though. Lovin' the warshrags. At least now when you are frustrated you have a quick project to work out our tantrums on. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home