Saturday, June 10, 2006

Knit in Public Day & Knitting World Cup

So today was a lot of fun!


A small group of us gathered at Morrison Park in Aberdeen for World Wide Knit in Public Day. It was a bit cloudy and breezy, but we still had fun!






As I left my home, I saw a sign for a rummage sale! I stopped...really only a bunch of junk, except for a 100% lambswool sweater for $.25! I think that it will make a very nice bag. I forgot to take a picture of it today.

Later I left the park to go get lunch, and spent some time at The Yarn Corner with Sherri. Overall, I have made really good progress on the Ripples in Time Sweater for my Knitting World Cup Entry. Here is the progress so far: (well, I guess not - I tried, and the pictures wouldn't upload...sorry we'll have to wait until tomorrow)

I also made another trip to the Cedar Falls Nursery. Spent just over $100 for 2 hanging baskets for my front porch, and 5 different lavender plants (hopefully they will help to repel the deer!!) Here are a few pictures of the yard: (again - waiting until tomorrow, since I seem to have exceeded the pic quota per entry...)

1 Comments:

At Sat Jun 10, 11:35:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

I LOVE the pictures! Ohhhhhh how I wish I could have been there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home