Monday, June 19, 2006

Trying to decide if I am lazy...

So, since I moved to my house (9 months ago) I've been planning on checking out how long it would take me to walk to work. Tonight I finally went for a walk with a friend to check it out.
(now I have gone on numerous other walks too! Just not figuring out how to get from home to work!)

It took roughly 35-40 minutes, walking at a comfortable pace. It is up and down hills, and involves having to take a dirt trail about 500 feet from one neighborhood to another since there is no road that connects the 2 areas! Lots of fuss - I'm not too sure that I would want to climb over the rusty barrier that is there to keep the 4-wheelers out while in my work clothes...

I like the idea of walking to work, but I think that the reasonable amount of time is 30 minutes or less. I would like to try and get more exercise, and use less gas. But I'm not sure if balking at the time is reasonable or just plain laziness.

----

So, I finally joined the Green Gable KAL. Not too sure why I finally joined it now, because it will probably be weeks before I can even start on it!. But I have appreciated the knowledge that I've gained just from reading the various posts!

I made progress on the first sleeve of the Ripples in Time Sweater - about 4 rows! (Well, it is better than nothing, I guess!) I've been looking at the front that I finished. Trying not to be too critical of myself. Expecially since it probably won't even really be noticable...but the neckline on the left side where the cables end wrong is driving me crazy! It was easy for me to figure out how to bind off with the cables on the right side - no problem! but why is it harder on the other side? (or is it just me that has this problem?) I don't plan on ripping back to fix it or anything, especially since it will probably be covered up with the picked up stitches for the neck.

No new pictures yet of the sleeve - 10 rows total is nothing to take a picture of!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home