Thursday, June 15, 2006

Not much new

Not much new to speak of today.

Since I got off of work, I've been knitting. But I feel like I am in that black hole or warp in the time space continuum or whatever it might be - the one where you knit and knit and knit. and yet make ablsolutely no progress when you measure your work!! (it seems even worse when you begin to obsessively measure it after every single row, just to be sure!) I still have 1.5 inches to go before I start on the neckline shaping! I know that I'll get there eventually, but not sure when!

I forgot (forgot...) about spanish class tonight. I really did plan to go, even tho I was dreading it, since I haven't looked at anything since I last went to class 3 weeks ago! Then I sat down in front of the TV, started knitting. and now class will be getting over as I type this. I guess I've given up on this attempt. It wasn't quite they type of class I thought that it would be, and with the differing levels of knowledge in the class, it became quite frustrating to all involved I think.

This morning I went to the employee open house at the new emergency department. It is very nice now that it is finished (almost - about 1 more week then it will open). I got a chance to speak to one of the ER docs and thank him for the increase in referrals straight from the ER for PT. I don't usually get a chance to talk to them very often. What am I doing talking about work on my blog!?!? STOP IT!

I tried to take a picture the other day of the hummingbirds that are enjoying the hanging flower baskets by my front door - they were gone by the time I got the camera. It was sure fun to watch them!

I keep wanting to start some new project, knit anything other than the sweater. But since it is my World Cup project and I now have some nice incentives to finish in time, I have to stop myself from being distracted! (see her blog entry for 6/15!) But I almost cast on for a small noni carpet bag last night - I have some good colors in the stash - it would be so pretty!!!

No new pictures for today - didn't really see enough progress in the sweater to warrant the picture! Hopefully, by tomorrow I might have a finished front (orback) to show off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home