Sunday, June 18, 2006

Irresponsible......

A friend of mine told me at church this morning, "Lauri, when you start doing things like that it is because you just need a break and some down time! Don't worry about it."

I am not one to forget about my obligations and appointments. So when I slept through dinner at a friend's home to celebrate a birthday last night, and then slept through helping out at the Lion's Club Father's Day Pancake breakfast (I said that I would be there early to help set up) and completly forgot about it until just as I was leaving for church...I felt pretty disappointed in myself.

But thinking about what Dolly said, I think that I really needed the rest this weekend. I never, ever take naps, and that was the 2nd in 3 days. I just could not keep my eyes open!

I've made a little bit of progress on the sweater. (slow progress...) and I think that I am ready to start the neck shaping on the next row. I have to measure again to make sure. I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish by the end of the world cup, but I'm going to really try!

I found the website (thanks Sherri) to order the purse handles. I tried to order 3 sets today, so I could finish the sweater bags. However, they are not able to accept orders online right now, so I will wait until Monday. I really have to get to work, especially on the blue Gap bag, I wanted to give it to Diane, and her birthday was yesterday! (the dinner I slept through.)

I also have been sucked into spending way too much time on ebay! Like I really need to spend more money! I did buy 2 things yesterday, but they will remain a secret for a few weeks, since they are nearly identical (and one is a gift!) Last night, I almost bought some shoes! AAAHHH stop me! I need to save money to reshingle the house, and pay other bills. I have enough shoes (just keep repeating that Lauri!)

So, since it is a relatively nice day, I am going out to the park to knit, and hopefully will have some pictures of a finished sweater front to share by the end of the day! I'll leave you with a wonderful picture of the rhodies in my back yard from a few weeks ago: (Well, I tried - I wonder what happens to all the pictures that I upload that never appear anywhere...do they just float around in space...do they end up on someone else's blog...hmmmm good question! I uploaded the picture 3 times, it spent lots of time loading it, I clicked done, etc, and there is still nothing there!)(addendum - it must just be that picture, because the pictures of the sweater in the next post came up with no problem!)

1 Comments:

At Mon Jun 19, 08:25:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauri: Yes, you did need that time to recover, what with working long hours plus a bad cold.
You do NOT come across as irresponsible.

The sweater is lovely, at least on one side,:) --challenging weave pattern and nice tomato red color.
Keep up the good work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home