Saturday, June 24, 2006

FRUSTRATION!!!

I have been so excited this afternoon! Getting so close to finishing the first sleeve, thought that I was in the final 15 rows of it...then started realizing that I still had an aweful lot of stitches left on the needle.

Well, 7 rows ago it told me to start decreasing 1 stitch at EACH end of the next 10 rows. "Each" end being the key phrase in which I neglected to see the word EACH....

so...I guess that I get to learn how to rip back 7 rows then pick up cabled stitches. I should look at this as a learning experience I suppose, but it is frustrating.

No picture it would be too painful to look at.


---------

UPDATE:
so, about 30 minutes later! I managed to rip back 6 rows, then tink the last row - thank goodness it wasn't a cabled row!!

Somehow, I still have the correct number of stitches, and I somehow managed to pick up all the stitches in the correct direction, not even a single one was twisted!! I don't think that I could do that again if I tried!

I now have a headache!
But that really was a good confidence booster! I didn't think that I could do it! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home