Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Progress

I am making progress - even if a bit slowly - on the first sleeve of the Ripples in Time Sweater!

No pictures tonight, I'm already upstairs & the camera is downstairs (see yesterday's entry about laziness...) But the sleeve is 3 inches long (out of a total of 7.75 inches).

I am really liking this pattern, it is really pretty, especially with this great color yarn! I am knitting with Nature Spun Sport Weight, Mango colorway.
I had the 2 skeins that Sherri gave me last year for my birthday - yes I've had the yarn just a few weeks short of a year!! I had been admiring the color of the yarn for ages and really wanted to make something, anything out of it but each time I started something, it just wasn't right. So it sat there in the stash until now. I had to go buy 2 more skeins so I would have enough.

So, now the question will be what to do with the sweater once it is finished. I don't have a baby to wear it, no one I know well is expecting a baby. I have thought about donating it to a charity, or maybe as a silent auction item in one of the various events that go on around here. I guess that I will just keep thinking about it - I know that when the time comes the right person will end up with it!

--

Well, I will finally be starting physical therapy for my neck and back tomorrow. Overall, I think that I am about 80 to 90% better, but it's just the achiness and especially the headaches by the end of the day that are bothering me the most now. They are really tending to make me pretty grouchy too; although, I am doing my best to hide the grumpiness. Today was the first day in more than a week when I didn't have a splitting headache by the middle of the day, just throbbing... I can't wait to see how much the PT will help tomorrow.

---

I better get back to knitting. I really want to finish the Sweater in time - It is my World Cup Knitting project (see the link in the sidebar!) and I would really like to have a chance at winning the incredible prizes that are being offered! WOW, I was almost drooling while I read about it all! I WANT IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home