Sunday, July 23, 2006

"Lauri, how does your garden grow?"

( Well, here's to a second try...I accidentally posted this to the Pinwheel Sweater Knit Along the first time!! LOL, I'm sure everyone wanted to read about my garden there!! I guess that when I click on the "Blog This" button in Picasa, I need to actually notice which blog that I am posting to!! )

Remember back to May... Jill was here in WA, and we planted a garden. Well, most of it is still alive!! I am frankly amazed, as I usually tend to have a pretty 'brown' thumb.


Only 2 of the corn plants died! And, of the 7 that have survived, there will be 6, yep that's right six, ears of corn for a feast this fall!

Two of the cucumber plants lived, and there are now 3 or 4 flowers on them, so, maybe I might just have a few cukes.

The Shallots aren't doing as well...there are 3 left, and they don't look so great.

The tomatoes are growing, and there are a ton of flowers. I hope that this warm / HOT weather will do them some good. I am really looking forward to the tomatoes most of all, there is nothing better than fresh home grown tomatoes!

I will also have TONS of squash! All of the plants have survived so far, and are looking like they will be abuntantly producing lots of both the acorn and the butternut. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home