Saturday, August 05, 2006

crazy?...

Have I gone crazy?! As if I didn't have enough projects on the needles already, I started another last night.
I thought almost obsessively about this on Friday at work. I don't know what came over me! I have never done any fair isle knitting (other than small swatches). The idea came to me at work - a fair isle sock, with one dark solid color and one light colored self striping yarn:

The pattern is "Waves and Rivulets Sock" from The Tongue River Farm Sock Collection by Katherine Misegades (courtesy of my dear friend Leslie) The yarn is: Brown Sheep Wildfoote Blue Flannel and Treking XXL Color 133 - shades of pinks, lt blue, lt purple and white.

My sock in progress is sitting over the example page in the book. I am frankly amazed at how quickly these are knitting up! I started last night at about 9:30 (ok - so I stayed up until 12:30!) I am a bit worried about the fit - I think that they might be a bit snug - I've compared them to another sock and it is close (but not very stretchy!) Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Sun Aug 06, 07:14:00 AM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

Can't wait to see as the color progresses!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home