Saturday, July 16, 2005

Its a great idea...

... just maybe not right now....
That seems to be the idea of the day. But I will get to that later.
On a happy note, I stayed up till almost midnight, no - not to buy Harry Potter, I finished the Conwy socks!!!!!!! They are beautiful. It felt so good to wear them today. (I wish that I had a digital camera so I could show them off!)
I did go to walmart this afternoon to get Harry, I just finished the second chapter. Not terribly impressed so far.

-------
On to the topic of "Good ideas, not quite the right time yet"

- Tonight I took a test ride of trying to ride my bike to work. It is just less than 2 miles and took me 18 minutes each way, but the HILLS will end up killing me. Either that or I will stink so bad from BO that no one will want me to work with them for the rest of the day. The route that I have to go is set up so that both ways are hard! The downhill part is at the very beginning and the terrible hill is at the end -- both ways! I was able to make it the whole way without stopping tho. I don't think that I will be riding to work anytime soon, but I will plan to try and ride that route several times a week and maybe in a few weeks I will be in good enough shape.

- As if I don't have enough knitting projects to work on, I went to the thrift store today and found a very soft knitted sweater. Blue and white, nylon/angora/lambswool. I have unravelled most of it and have lots of ideas of what I might be able to make with it..."stop, Lauri, and back away from the yarn, finish your other projects"

- This morning at the kitting get together at the library, Linda demonstrated how to start the garter stitch toe up sock, and now I have all these ideas about starting the cotton socks. No...must resist and finish my blue/purple socks! (The green ones too!)

- I really want / need a new computer and a digital camera...but I just got my first bill from Toyota for my car. Ouch. I knew how much my payments are but somehow seeing it on a bill makes it seem worse. I love my car!!

-------
Tomorrow morning I am meeting my brother and sister in law and we are going for a picnic and a hike. We dicided to meet at Potlach State Park, and the plan is to hike Mt. Ellinor. I really hope that it is a clear day. I think that the weather is supposed to be good.

I better go and pack my stuff for tomorrow.
Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home