Sunday, September 10, 2006

beautiful day!

Today was a lot of fun. After church this morning, I went to Ocean Shores to the Arts and Crafts Festival.

I talked for awhile with Betty from the Shafer Meadows Fiber Guild. She was selling some of her handknit items, also yarns and rovings! I bought some lovely hand dyed / handspun mohair and silk boucle. It will make a terrific Christmas present for someone. (Sorry the pic is a bit out of focus, but it shows the colors)

I also bought 2 ounces of corriedale roving in very fun bright colors! (the photo makes it seem even brighter than actual) I split it down the middle and already spun the first half!! It was easy to spin, and I have to resist spinning the other half tonight - other things to do!

After I left the art show, I walked out onto the beach. Its strange...I live only 40 minutes away, and go so infrequently! I think that I need to get out there more often, since it relaxes and soothes me. I feel so much better now. :-) I sat there and knit in the sunshine, listening to the waves for over an hour.

I've made very quick progress on the pink sock that I started yesterday, turned the heel this morning, and am several rows into the gusset!

I'll leave you with a picture of the roses in my front yard:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home