Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday

I realized on Thurdsday (the day after my last posting) that the reason that I was so crabby and out of sorts, was because I was getting sick. I'm not feeling terrible, just really achy all over, especially all my joints. I went home from work early that day to get some rest. Luckily, the next 2 days (Friday and today) have both been very slow days at work, and I've only had to work half days.
-----
This posting will be full of lots of unrelated but fun things!

1. Proof that I actually cook sometimes! I made Stuffed Zucchini for a dinner on Labor Day. This was taken after stuffing it, but before baking. I got the recipe here but made a few changes. They were a hit. Yummy!



2. Dahlias from my yard!



3. I realized that I never posted a picture of the socks that I made from the Noro Silk Garden Yarn. I took so many pictures, and NONE of them accurately showed the beautiful colors! They were finished in March (during my long break from blogging).


4. Progress on the pinwheeel: Done with the loopy edge, started on the first sleeve, and finished only 4 rounds before becoming distracted but all the other projects...



5. Proof that SSS hasn't really taken ahold of me again! I've started on the second fair isle sock (even tho I said that I would finish the pinwheel first...)



6.However, my case of ADD has kicked in. Sherri got some new sock yarn today. I nearly started drooling!! This is wonderful stuff! After much thought I chose: Fly Super Sport, color: Ruby Redmond. This picture is the best of the 5 or 6 that I took and NONE of them turned out good. The colors are actually BEAUTIFUL!!! (Light and dark pinks, and dark brown).


----

(Added later: I was telling a friend about this website that I found. I used it to help convert the Green Gable pattern. I haven't yet cast on. So I don't know how helpful it actually is. But it seems useful.)

1 Comments:

At Sun Sep 10, 08:12:00 AM PDT, Blogger Chris said...

The Silk Garden socks are gorgeous! And that baby blanket - WOW. Love the edging. Hope you're feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home