Thursday, July 21, 2005

I should have known that it was not a knitting night


I should have known that I should have just put the knitting needles and yarn down and gone to sleep when it took me more than 10 minutes to figure how to cast on the stitches for a new 'project'. Now this wasn't some fancy cast on...no it was a long tail cast on that I have done more times that I can count. But tonight it is either because I am quite tired and stressed, or it is the early onset of alzheimers disease!
I'm not kidding - I sat there with the needle and yarn and could not do it, I looked at the diagrams in my book as a last resort and still couldn't do it. Finally, after trying many times, I was able to figure it out. But, seriously, has this happened to anyone else? Or am I crazy?

So, I should have just put the project down, right? No! I trudged on. After finally remembering how to cast on, I then proceeded to do the *first 4 rows, make mistakes, tear out, start over* repeat at least 3 times making the same mistakes each time before realizing that maybe I should just rest tonight!

On the bright side:
- overtime at work (we've been really busy!) will help with the new car payments, I just sent in the first of many monthly installments to Toyota.
- The sunburn has faded to a very light shade of pink and has not started peeling yet (maybe it won't?)
- I received many compliments on the gold Conwy socks when I wore them to work on Tuesday!
- I finished reading Harry Potter last night! I had a bout of insomnia on Tuesday night (due to some tea being incorrecly labeled as decaf!) so I was able to read most of the book in one eveing. It seemed to get off to a slow start in the first few chapters, but then it got better. I won't give any spoilers for those of you who haven't read it yet.


I guess that is all I have to write about tonight. No real knitting progress this week, maybe 3 more rows finished in the blue socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home