Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Fair!

I decided this morning that I would go to THE FAIR! Despite still feeling a bit under the weather - weak and achy - I had a terrific time and am very happy that I went.

No pictures yet, but several nice things were purchased!
-- Some lovely 100% tencel yarn (shades of orange, rust, brown and a bit of green - fall colors),
-- some beautiful wool to spin,
-- and I volunteered to knit Joy a pair of socks in exchange for some other handmade crafts (tins covered with her beautiful marbled paper!) - Joy picked out some very nice dark blue sock yarn by Pat Fly (the same brand as my socks that I just finished). I was hoping to meet Pat, but her shift didn't start until late in the afternoon.

Had loads of fun looking at all the animals! Joy knew one of the families with goats, so we stood there and talked, got to pet the goats without getting in trouble, and the goats had fun chewing on and licking my bag of wool - luckily I noticed before they chewed through the paper!!

More details tomorrow...when I'm not so tired.

1 Comments:

At Mon Sep 18, 01:26:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems you had such a great time at the fair! I'm looking forward to seeing all the projects you're making with the goodies you've purchased!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home