Monday, July 25, 2005

It is a beautiful day! What am I doing inside!?!?

It is amazing how different things can be in a few days time!

Off work early on a Monday afternoon! That never happens!

I tried starting those socks again and have not problems at all knitting; although Sherri’s idea of it being the influence of the unfinished blue socks could be a fact. I love the pattern, and I love the hand-painted opal sock yarn…I just don’t know that the pattern (Knitting on the Road, Unst) and the yarn are right for each other. The beauty of the yarn starts to get lost in the lacy pattern; yet, the lacy pattern is hard to see because of the color changes in the yarn. Dilemma, I guess that I will knit another inch and then decided to keep going or start over with a different pattern.

My mom’s surgery is scheduled for the first week of August. So, instead of going to Holden Village, I am going back to South Dakota again. I am not really looking forward to the August heat – I’ve become a Washingtonian, anything over 80 is “Scorching, terrible heat!” I have decided to drive home in my new car rather than spend over $800 on a plane ticket again. That way, I will be able to return home to WA with more of my stuff that is still at my mom’s (where on earth will I put it all?)

I’ve been attempting to clean my apartment. How can one person make such a mess, and how can she have so many dirty dishes even tho she hardly ever cooks? It is a mystery!!

I was able to spin a few more yards of the goat wool yesterday. I am slowly starting to feel more competent, and the yarn is less bumpy and more even. J As I get more done, I have to start thinking about what I want to make with it, and if I want to ply it or leave it as a single. More decisions to make.

I have gotten a few more rows finished on the blue socks, I still have most of the foot left then the toe. I hope to finish then while I am home is SD (who knows, with a lot of work this week, I might finish before I leave!)

Work can be so strange sometimes! The last two weeks have been so busy I couldn’t keep up. Now, today was slow and I am finished seeing everyone by lunchtime. “Why can’t people get sick or hurt on some sort of schedule?” Too bad it didn’t work that way. But I am not really complaining about either the short day today or about all the overtime last week.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home