Friday, September 29, 2006

Help?

I have a chronic problem with my socks...(OK besides the ever present second sock syndrome!)

Does this happen to anyone else; and if so how do you fix or avoid it?
- on the heel flap, the slipped stitches on one side look very nice, even, etc.
- on the other side they are bigger, loopy, sloppy looking.

For a long time, I thought that it was just me being uneven with my stitches, but on the last several socks, I have consciously tried to even things up, and now with trying several different types of heels and coming up with the same problem...Well, I know I must be doing something wrong!

The looser stitches are always on the side that is at the end of the knit row / beginning of the purl row.

(sorry for no pictures to illustrate this)

1 Comments:

At Fri Sep 29, 07:24:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Laurie.... after you pick up the slipped stitches and start knitting in the round again, you might try knitting into the back of the stitches for one round. It twists them and makes them tighter...I don't know if it will make them more even, but it might be worth a shot. (I saw this on KNITTY GRITTY) Take Care, Muffett

 

Post a Comment

<< Home