Sunday, September 24, 2006

lessons learned...

1. Lace sock - I haven't yet finished a lace sock, this is only the second that I've attempted. I really like this pattern. I love how the texture looks both off and on the foot. I think its beautiful!!

2.Short row heel - I haven't done a short row heel before, and thought that this would be the perfect time to learn. I had a pretty easy time of it, and am only disappointed in two things:

a. there is a gap on one side, despite my numerous attempts to make the stitches tighter
AND
b. AFTER TURNING THE HEEL AND STARTING TO KNIT IN THE ROUND....THE SOCK IS TOO TIGHT IN THE INSTEP!!!!!

3. Pattern designers know more than me! This is not really difficult for me to admit, but I guess it's hard come to terms with this more than halfway through the sock. I didn't think that it would matter so much which heel I did - I thought that they would be interchangable. And, maybe they could be, but with some tweaking of the pattern.

4. Ripping back and picking up lace stitches (actually I haven't learned this one yet, but will soon!) So, I get to rip back 1 full pattern repeat on the cuff, the short row heel and at least several rows on the foot -- and then I'll do what the pattern told me I should do.


But not today. It is too nice to spend the day inside, I'm going out to the garden! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Mon Sep 25, 08:06:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, your sock is absolutely amazing, what a gorgeous pattern! I noticed that problem with gaps on the side too when I knit lace socks - I used to have these gaps all the time, now just with the lacey socks. But well, either it belongs there due to the pattern or... never mind, the sock is still a beauty, with or without a gap ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home