Thursday, August 04, 2005

Thursday

I am typing this from my hotel room in Rapid City SD. I have taken a giant leap forward in technology! I checked out a wireless modem from the front desk and am now connected to high speed internet with this ancient laptop computer. I honestly didn't think that the computer would be able to support it, but it is terrific. Now I don't want to go back to slow dialup - it's not fair!

Mom and I got up at 4:00am today so that we could go out for breakfast. She had to stop eating solid food after 5:00am. The trip to Rapid City was uneventful. Got all of the pre-admission stuff done for mom.

Now we are sitting in the hotel room, mom is in the process of drinking her gallon of "GoLytely"! Yuck. It hasn't started working yet. She has to be at the hospital at 5:30am tomorrow for her 7:00 surgery. Overall things are looking good, but we really won't know until once they get started and know what is going on for sure. I will try to keep everyone updated here on the blog.

I got one more row knitted on mom's shawl, somehow it is still hard to count to 3!
I am also making progress on the lace sock. I have about 3/4 an inch beofre I have to start the toe decreases on the first sock! If I keep knitting this fast, I might have new socks to wear by sunday!

Well, I suppose that I should go and find something for dinner tonight, I hate to leave and go eat by myself, but eating in front of mom would probably be pretty mean tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home