Friday, September 29, 2006

yarn!

I finally decided to just go ahead and ply the singles that I spun from the bright colored roving that I purchased at the OS Arts and Crafts fair.

I had been unsure of how I should do it since I divided the roving lengthwise into 3 (of course unequal size). The 3 different singles of course had different lengths of each color...Well, I decided to just let the colors do what they wanted to do.

The effect is nice, I think. Although the colors are not true in the picture. It slowly fades from one color to the next.
With the small amount of single ply I had left of one of the singles, I attempted to learn how to navajo ply. The result is the smaller skein. I like it, but will need LOTS of practice.

----

The fiber festival today was a lot of fun. I bought roving: some wool very similar to what is pictured above; also some nice alpaca (brown and very dark brown) I can't wait to try spinning it! Then I bought 2 needle felted birds, they are adorable.
(pictures of what I bought will come hopefully tomorrow) Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home