Sunday, October 22, 2006

new challenges!

Last night I started a new sock. (lol)

I have this beautiful new sock yarn (colorway: Roses, by Pat Fly), after looking through all of my sock books I couldn't find a "perfect"pattern"...

...then yesterday morning I was at the library returning some very overdue books, and of course had to look at their knitting books! I checked out Vogue Knitting's Stitchionary Vol 1, knit and purl!

So, last night after spending some time looking through the patterns, I decided to try to design my own sock! I am using one of the lace patterns, and had to do a little bit of tweaking of the pattern, eliminating 2 stitches, but it is working so far! (15 rows finished!)

No pictures yet, but I will share soon.
One question: the scalloped lace edge at the top of the sock is wanting to curl somewhat. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to try and avoid it?


Since there are no sock pics, I decided to leave you with a picture of the beach (taken last month)

2 Comments:

At Mon Oct 23, 09:23:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm... that thing with the lace edges happens to me all the time as well - I'm sorry I'm of no help here, but I will keep checking back to see if you got some helpful anwers, I guess I'd need them too ;)
I'm very curious to see your socks, it's so great that you're doing your own design! I know it's going to be something very pretty and sure hope to see pics of it soon! ;)

 
At Tue Oct 24, 04:25:00 PM PDT, Blogger Rachel said...

Can't wait to see your socks! I'll I've done so far are basic socks, so perhaps I'll try your pattern next. Can't wait to see the finished pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home