Thursday, October 19, 2006

Starting again!

Tonight I actually practiced my cello! I've taken quite a long break from playing lately. I am really not sure why exactly - numerous reasons, including but not limited to a few injuries, frustration and knitting.

I had not played at all for about a month, and haven't regularly practiced for quite a long time (I don't even want to admit to myself how long it has actually been!)

It was a wonderful feeling to have the bow in my hand (even tho it started cramping up quickly) and to feel the cello resonating against me. It amazed me that I could actually play for about 20 minutes before I needed to stop for the night, I didn't think that my endurance would be that good.

I did sound pretty out of practice...difficult to find the right positions with my fingers to stay in tune, but that will come back with more practice. I was able to play through several of the pieces that I'd practiced a lot last year, and did sound ok I think (at least the cat didn't go running out of the room!)

To my friends that read the blog regularly -- please hold me accountable to my practicing ok? I feel like I really need to get this part of my life back, and I need a bit of encouragement and prodding to keep at it, especially since I am out of the habit of regularly practicing! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At Thu Oct 19, 10:06:00 PM PDT, Blogger Sherri said...

ok and you can ask me if i did my homework :)

 
At Fri Oct 20, 06:53:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woooooo - Hooooo! (that was a cowboy yell). And Hmm... what kind of encouragement/nagging would be most helpful? ;)
Joy

 
At Fri Oct 20, 07:04:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how amazing is that? I so admire you for playing the cello, I love its sound so much! I'll try my best to encourage you, you just *have* to continue practising!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home